Honey-Garlic Chicken & Sweet Pepper Stir-Fry
- 10 to 15 Minutes
- 15 Minutes
- 4 Servings
- 1 cup milk
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, cut in thin strips
- 1 yellow pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- Hot pepper sauce to taste (optional)
In a bowl, whisk a little of the milk into cornstarch to make a smooth paste. Whisk in remaining milk, soy sauce and honey; set aside.
Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add half of butter, swirl to coat. Add chicken and garlic and stir-fry for 3 min or until browned; transfer to a bowl. Add remaining butter to pan then red, yellow, and green peppers. Stir-fry for 5 min or until tender. Return chicken and any juices to pan. Reduce heat to medium.
Whisk milk mixture and pour into pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 min or until chicken is no longer pink inside and sauce is thickened. Stir in vinegar and hot pepper sauce, to taste (if using).